Alexei D. Krindatch, Research Coordinator for the Assembly of Canonical Orthodox Bishops of North and Central America will present the Keynote Address at the 8th Annual DOWAMA* Parish Life Conference – Hosted by St Joseph Church – at the Westin Galleria.
* – Diocese of Wichita and Mid-America
The title of the Keynote: Orthodox Reality in America.
Mr Krindatch will also present a workshop: Ten Facts about US Orthodox Churches from the FACT study.
Click HERE for Mr Krindatch’s Bio and a list of other scheduled speakers.
The workshop will utilize new – never published or discussed – data on US Orthodox parishes in general and AOCA churches in particular. These data are from the FACT survey (Faith Communities Today) which was major US national interdenominational survey in which three Orthodox churches participated: GOA, OCA and AOCA. In the case of AOCA, about 100 parishes participated and completed extensive questionnaires reflecting on various aspects of the local parish life.
The workshop in question would address the following areas of parish life:
– Parish-based programs and activities
– Ecumenical involvement
– “Style” of worship
– Finances (including impact of 2008-2009 recession on parish life).
The workshop will also compare:
– situation of AOCA parishes versus OCA and GOA churches
– situation of US Orthodox parishes versus other American Christian denominations.