10) Your parish church school curriculum consists of: The Rudder.
9) You’ve not shaved in years, but are spending your child’s inheritance on hair conditioner.
8) Your church services are longer than the Super Bowl, but shorter than “Roots.”
7) You save toenail clippings in hopes of … well … you know … glorification.
6) Your daughter can play with Barbies as long as they’re wrapped in DuckTape, clothed in black, and referred to as “Barbara the Ballyhoo” (in Slavonic).
5) Your priest wears a cassock all the time. (Mainly because even the “Big & Tall” clothes no longer fit him.)
4) Birkenstock is the only proper name — not ending in “us,” “os,” or “es”– not subject to suspicion.
3) Your favorite theologian’s name is: “Reader __________.”
2) You believe hair brushes, combs, tweezers, and mirrors are for sissies.
And, the number one sign that you might be an “Orthodox Fundamentalist” is …
1) There are no chairs in your home; you haven’t sat in years!
Originally posted, years ago, on the Orthodox List.