In his new book Defeating Sin Fr Joseph Huneycutt has provided us with a clear and, above all, practical framework for personal spiritual growth. It will undoubtedly become a favorite title for individual Lenten reading, although Church School teachers and youth leaders will also find Defeating Sin to include valuable material that can readily be incorporated into curricula or workshops. Fr Joseph has given us a great tool to help us in the daily task of “work[ing] out [our] own salvation.” (Phil. 2:12)
— Deacon David Keim, All Saints Church, Raleigh, North Carolina
Signed copies available through the PayPal button in the side margin of this blog (at left), or multiple copies through Regina Orthodox Press.
DEFEATING SIN will help readers to better understand the disease that troubles the human soul. DEFEATING SIN will prove an invaluable aid for those engaged in spiritual warfare, helping them make that U-turn from the passions toward the virtues.
Christians of all denominational backgrounds will benefit from the ancient wisdom of the Church Fathers and the perpetual call to repentance. Orthodox Christians, Catholics, and Anglicans will find the book’s helpful guides for making a good Confession memorable, indispensable—a must!
DEFEATING SIN investigates the nature of the Passions and the saving grace of the Virtues.
– What led to the fall of the Archangel Lucifer and one-third of the heavenly hosts?
– What caused the fall of our first parents, Adam and Eve?
– What causes our own stumbling?
– How can we identify the traps and temptations of the enemy?
– How do we get back up once we’ve fallen?
– How can we struggle toward God-pleasing solutions – even the Kingdom of Heaven?